RecordPoint UK are supporting Wisdom customers following the recent news …
BawBaw Case Study
Baw Baw Shire Council (Baw Baw) was keen to improve their information management processes and systems. The Council appreciates the benefits a well formed and maintained information management solution offers to improve productivity, streamline collaboration, increase competitiveness and reduce business and technology risks.
Late in 2007, Council was selected as one of the public bodies to participate in the Victorian Auditor General’s self assessment against the Public Records Act. The Council rated itself as being low in compliance, with the key issues being a lack of documented records management framework and difficulty in demonstrating integrity of records in a hybrid document management environment.
Baw Baw subsequently developed an Information Management Policy Framework, an Information Management Strategic Plan, and a number of information architecture documents to address some of these issues. At the conclusion of this process a technology program (EDME) was commenced to realise the benefits that technology could contribute towards compliance, efficiency and effectiveness of Council business processes. Key objectives of this program included:
- Elimination of duplication associated with a number of hybrid paper and
- Electronic record keeping systems
- Automation of some business processes including improved quality of outcome through increased process consistency
- Introduction of a single search facility across a number of electronic and paper document storage systems
- Managing emails as records
- Capture of web / intranet pages as records
- Easier publishing and document sharing on the web / intranet
- Keeping documents electronic rather than printing to paper for filing or field use or spatial measurements etc.
- Appraisal and disposal of electronic documents
RecordPoint Software was selected by Baw Baw to deliver its Electronic Document Management Environment (EDME) solution based on SharePoint. RecordPoint was the only offered solution that met Council’s requirements in relation to functionality and approach to people and business process. RecordPoint is also the only fully VERS certified product on SharePoint and was a powerful choice for achieving continuing business benefits into the future.
“RecordPoint Software’s innovation in adapting a practical and flexible document management and collaboration platform such as SharePoint so that it can ‘tick the box’ on records compliance was the key reason Council has chosen RecordPoint,” said Don Tylee, Manager Business Information at Baw Baw Shire Council.“We are very excited about how SharePoint and RecordPoint can help us deliver our information management vision.”